New Jumbo options now permit approved home buyers to finance up to 95% Loan to value for home loan amounts up to $2 million. The 5% down Jumbo mortgage options in Miami-Dade are currently available for both home purchases and Jumbo refinance.
Mortgages are considered “Jumbo” if they exceed the 2024 conforming loan limit, which in most of Florida is anything mortgage over $766,550. Monroe County and the Keys is the only exception that allows for conforming loan amounts a bit higher to $929,200.
“Conforming” refers to the limits imposed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government organizations that buy mortgages from banks and lenders. Because these larger “jumbo” loans cannot be sold to these enterprises, they have to be held by the lender, whether it be a bank or private entity.
- 95% financing is capped to $2,000,000 loan amounts (min 700 credit score)
- 90% financing is capped to $3,000,000 loan amounts (min 720 credit score)
- The home being purchased must be a primary or second home.
- Most condos are approved
- Borrowers must properly document their income and assets – no stated income type loans permitted
- Borrowers should be able to document a minimum of 3-9 months of payment reserves after the down payment and closing costs have been made. The exact amount will depend on the down payment and credit profile of the buyer
- Borrowers must be U.S. citizens
There are single loan and combo (80-15 and 80-10) options available depending on the LTV and credit. Borrowers will also be able to choose from an adjustable-rate ARM and fixed-rate options.
These options are available to homebuyers nationwide, including Florida: Miami, Dade County, Broward County, and West Palm Beach. Please contact us with questions by calling Ph: 800-962-0677 or just submit the Quick Contact form on this page (Mobile users will find the form at the bottom of this page)