Low down payment jumbo loans provide buyers the flexibility needed to purchase the home of their dreams. Today there are jumbo purchase solutions up to 95% loan for qualified borrowers. This is great for home buyers that wish to retain their cash savings for other investments.
Contrary to popular belief, jumbo mortgage interest rates are pretty low these days and not much different when compared to standard conforming loans.
Jumbo Mortgage Features:
- Financing on Primary Residences, examples of the maximum loan to value:
- Loan amount up to $2,000,000 (will vary by location) Up to 95% financing, 5% down payment
- Loan amount up to $3,000,000 – Up to 90% financing, 10% down payment
- Loan amounts over $3,500,000 – Up to 85% financing, 15% down payment.
- Larger Super Jumbo loan amounts are available to $9mil + with 20-30% down payment.
- Financing on Second Homes and Vacation Homes
- Loan amounts up to $1.5m – 5% down payment, 95% financing
- Loan amounts up to $2.0m – 10% down payment, 90% financing
- Loan amounts over $3.0m – 20% + down payment
- Financing on Investment Home Purchase
- 25% down payment required on investment home purchases
- Loan amounts over $1.5m mil will require a higher down payment – 30% +
- 680+ FICO credit score is required anytime a buyer is financing the maximum loan to value 95% (owner-occupied homes only)
- Borrowers with lower credit scores (down to 640) generally have options with a higher 10% down payment.
- Borrowers financing over 80% loan to value have the option of one single loan, or 80-15 or 80-10 combo “piggyback” 1st and 2nd mortgage. The 3.5% or 5% down payment option is fantastic for Doctors or Physicians with good income but limited cash reserves.
- Many fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgage terms available for all programs
- Temporary 2/1 interest rate buy-down options are available (helpful when interest rates are high)
- Special financing VA Jumbo loan options up to $4mil for eligible Veterans nationwide. Up to $2mil for 100% financing, small down payment needed for loans $2m-$4m. High-balance VA loans can provide great benefits for qualified Veterans.
- Jumbo loan amounts up to $9 million+ are available, please contact us
- Plenty of refinancing options are available, please see the Jumbo refinance page for more information
Building on your own lot with your own builder? Please read the separate requirements for Construction Permanent Jumbo Loans.
The Advantage of True Jumbo Loan Specialist:
- Loan officers and underwriters who understand complex financial situations of high net worth borrowers, self-employed borrowers, and fluctuating incomes
- Local and timely decision-making
- A team of dedicated Jumbo Loan Specialists is assigned to your purchase and is available 7 days a week
- Familiarity with local markets, especially the luxury home markets
Special Options For Buyers With Previous Short Sale:
Are you a home buyer with a past short sale in recent years? You now have options to finance up to 85% loan to value. Please see the special guidelines below.
- 700 credit score required
- Short sale must be a minimum of TWO years since completion. Perfect credit history after short sale required.
- No foreclosure or bankruptcy in the previous 5 years.
- Minimum 12 months mortgage payment reserves required (after down payment) Non-liquid retirement accounts like IRA, 401K will meet this request.
Down payment and loan amount limits: (The below guidelines only apply to borrowers with a previous short sale)
- 720 credit score – up to 85% financing, limit $1,000,000, 12 months reserves.
- 720 credit score – up to 85% financing, limit $1,500,000, 18 months reserves
- 720 credit score – up to 70% financing, limit $2,000,000, 18 months reserves
- 700 credit score – up to 80% financing, limit $1,000,000, 12 months reserves
Please take a moment to view the video below for more details on the latest requirements:
Please be sure to utilize the helpful Jumbo Mortgage Payment on this page. Please contact us 7 days a week with questions at ph: 800-962-0677 or just submit the Quick Contact form located on this page. We strive to process submitted requests within minutes during normal business hours.